Yoga & Meditation Teacher. Former BBC Journalist & Presenter
Lucy is a fully qualified yoga and meditation teacher, having practiced both for over 20 years.
A law graduate from Warwick University and former BBC journalist and presenter, Lucy latterly held several PR roles including Head of Media for Brands Hatch race circuit. After being caught up in the Paris terror attacks in November 2015, she decided to make some changes to her life to try and regain a work-life balance for herself and her son. Lucy travelled to India and retrained as a yoga and meditation teacher and founded a yoga business which specialises in making yoga accessible to all.
Lucy co-founded The Hive yoga studio in Bath at the start of 2019, and teaches yoga and meditation to hundreds of people every week. She regularly gives talks and appears in the media on the subject of accessible yoga and meditation, making career changes, resisting burnout and improving mental health.
Depending upon the programme, & therefore the time available, Lucy’s session can cover one or a selection of these areas:
- Introduction to meditation session (the science behind it, the benefits, the basics).
- A guided meditation session (learn some of the different meditation techniques).
- Introduction to yoga (this can be from no previous experience & limited flexibility right up to advanced).
- A combined yoga and meditation session (complete relaxation – great for the end of the day, but not if we’ll be sending you off in your car soon afterwards!).
- Everyday yoga and relaxation (10 exercises you can do every day to release tension or stress).
- Pure Breath (working on different breathing techniques for different purposes – focus/sleep/relaxation).